Live-in Care Service Provider in Gloucester – Total Living CareDuring a period in our lives when we need to have it most, Total Living Care offers help in your home, friendship and companionship. We supply live-in carers in Gloucester and throughout Gloucestershire. Every one of the individual references, of all our Carers, are rigorously checked out and all personnel are DBS checked and registered. This method is audited through the Care Quality Commission. For more information be sure to speak to our “Live-in Care Support Team” on 01989 562000
Live Life as You Choose
Live-in care enables you to live life as you choose. Through our conversations and getting to know each other better, we will match you with one of our Carers, who can provide care and attention specific to meet your needs. All within the comfort and ease of your own home.
Total Living Care has been providing the reassurance, peace of mind and comfort of respite, part-time and full-time live-in services for more than 20-years. Our success emanates from us complementing you with the best carer, somebody
that will customise the care to meet your needs, hobbies and interests and who understands your preferred routine.
Only the very best Carers are asked to join the Total Living Care family. Every Carer is expertly trained, warm and friendly and personable, and enthusiastic to deliver care in accordance with your preferences. Twenty-four hours a day, your live-in Carer will offer companionship and constant care and attention. This can be assisting you in getting dressed, bathing or maybe cook one of your favourite meals, any help you need in your day to day life your carer can help with.
Living at home should be a choice for everyone.
We are a local agency providing home and live-in care services in Gloucester and the surrounding counties. With regular Domiciliary care or permanent home care through our Live-in care service, we provide clients remain what is needed to ensure they live well in their best environment… at home.
What exactly is live-in care?
Live-in care Gloucester – Living with you in your own home and supporting your normal day-to-day activities, and being on call at night are classified as the primary duties of our fully trained Carers, offering live-in care in the Gloucestershire region. It is really an alternative choice to moving into a residential care home and lets you maintain your independence and continue to live in the comfort and familiar surroundings of your house.
It could be as elementary as helping or doing tasks in the house, aiding you with personal care or providing reassurance and support to help you to move about the house.
In able to meet your every single need, the care worker will stay in your home together with you. The reassurance of a trustworthy companion readily available to assist during the day and night. We have got care workers that will live-in on a permanent basis and others who work a rota system.
For people with long-term health concerns, live-in care is an ever more popular alternative to relocating toa residential care home.
If we had the choice, almost everyone would prefer, with a little support, to stay in our own home. Nevertheless, in the event the need arises, we have a tendency to presume that a care home is the only option when that support becomes necessary.
A live-in carer will be trained to fulfil the changing needs of their client, so for many individuals, it permits them to continue to live in their own home, in the local community and amidst family and friends.
Our expertise tells us that having independence and options is vital to keep up both health and happiness.
Live-in care maintains that independence gives the choice to live in accustomed surroundings and enables you to live life how you wish. Using the continuous help of a live-in care worker, staying at home is the best replacement for a residential care home.
Who Can Total Living Care Help?
The services offered by Total Living Care as well as the assistance provided by every single care worker is constructed around the requirements of the client.
A “one size fits all” service simply will not provide the respite, part-time or full-time care that ensures the best live-in support. For this reason, we look to partner a carer, determined by their experience, qualifications and training, their interests and hobbies with the life experiences, character, hobbies and interests of the client.
Total Living Care team members can help people living with:
- Terminal Illnesses
- Mobility Issues
- Parkinson’s Disease
We can offer help with daily activities and personal care, in a dignified way, helping you to maintain an independent and active as is a feasible way of living. Regardless of your age or health concerns, we could help and support you to obtain the highest quality of life, within the familiar and comfortable surrounds of your own home.
Ordinarily, What Activities Will Live-in Carers Do?
As mentioned above, the service and support provided to each and every client differs and based on their requirements.
A care assessment, along with your opinion and choices, will finally decide the degree of care and the day to day activities you need to be performed. Several customers request our care worker to undertake responsibilities including:
- Preparing and Cooking Meals
- Running Errands(including shopping for food, fetching a doctor’s prescription)
- Cleaning and light household chores
- Social Activities and Trips Out ( Hairdressers, Friends, Doctors)
- Administration of Household Bills
- Managing and Administration of Medication
- Sustaining Personal Hygiene and Bathing
- Tending to Dogs And Cats
- Dressing and Undressing
- Moving Around the house
Who might live-in care suit?
Part-time live-in care
Part-time live-in care is perfect for those who need a little support to be able to carry on living at home, instead of moving into a residential care home.
Full-time live-in care
Full-time live-in care might be necessary for individuals existing with health concerns, for instance, dementia, in which the comfortable surroundings of home and continuity of your daily schedule are reassuring and improve the quality of life..
Temporary or respite live-in care
Temporary live-in care can provide 24-hour support, for a specified period of time, to support after a hospital stay or short illness, for example.
Respite live-in care provides full -time carers the chance for downtime and to enjoy some breathing space, secure in the knowledge that your loved one or family member is in good hands and their needs are being fulfilled
24-hour live-in care throughout Gloucester, all from the comfort of our clients’ own homes.
The main advantages of having a live-in care worker
- Personalised and committed one-to-one care by a highly trained and experienced Care Worker, with a similar character and outlook on life.
- Allows people to enjoy a completely familiar surrounding, filled with their treasured possessions, by staying in their own property. A recent study (carried out by Consultas Care) documented that 97 Percent of individuals who responded would not want to move into a care home. While residential care can offer a beneficial service, most people prefer to stay in their own home when they can.
- Reassurance for the client, their friends and neighbours and family members that experienced and fully trained hands are available to help. Live-in care reduces the feelings of being isolated as well as being lonely by offering companionship. A live-in care worker can strongly encourage and support the continued activities of interests and hobbies. Live-in care, being at home and a feeling of ongoing independence have a positive influence on individual happiness, self-esteem, self-confidence and well-being.
- A live-in care worker will help take care of a pet which may otherwise have to be rehoused.
- A live-in carer means that a family member does not need to become a full -time care worker. Family members can be assured that their loved one is getting the very best care.
- If travel and leisure is still a possibility, a full-time carer could accompany a client on a break.
- Live-in carers will be matched up in accordance with expertise and experience meaning they’re specially qualified to manage and support Parkinson’s Disease, dementia, strokes, MS or those requiring palliative care.
- For couples, a live-in care worker can support both and allows partners to remain together. If one care worker can support both people, this has a financial benefit compared to two sets of charges in a residential care home. This is especially beneficial if one individual has dementia or needs additional support that would mean living in separate residential care homes.
The disadvantages of having a live-in care worker
- Except If using an experienced company such as Total Living Care, selecting the right care worker, who are properly trained and is aware of the requirements to provide excellent live-in care, can be a challenge.
- A lot of people take pleasure in the social life of being in a residential care home, the relief of not having to manage their own home or responsibility of managing their affairs. Letting go of some of their personal privacy, but enjoying the ability to be constantly in contact with other people.
- Even though a live-in carer fee is often less than the price of a residential home, it’s not cheap to have care workers available 24-hours a day, on the other hand, determined by eligibility, personal budgets and direct payments mean it is possible for care to be state funded.
- A live-in care worker will require a private room within the residence
- Not everyone is comfortable with having a stranger living in the house or perhaps they are used to living by themselves. Although in our experience, the care worker quickly becomes a friend as opposed to a complete stranger, and the support and help soon outweigh the wish to live by yourself, or even the alternative of the residential home.
- Care workers need to have breaks and holidays and spend time with their own families, unless dealing with a company that provides an entirely managed service, such as Total Living Care, it may be a problem to locate short-term cover
How to Arrange 24-Hour Live-in Care in Gloucester
Firstly, put some thoughts into your personal preferences for the care worker
- What expertise or specialist training do they require?
- What is the personal preference for male or female care worker?
- Do they need to drive?
- Do they need to like cats or dogs?
- What hobbies or interests will make a good match?
Total Living Care will match your preferences to supply a professional and high-quality service which is distinctive to meet your requirements.
Total Living Care is a family-owned and family run company. Taking care of others runs through our whole organisation from the office support staff, management team as well as, our care workers.
We’re happy to spend some time on the telephone discussing if live-in care is right for you or your family member. If you would like to discuss your needs you should phone our “Live-in Care Support Team” on 01989 562000. Total Living Care believes our company offers the very best quality live-in care in Gloucester.
Home Care FAQs
What are the qualifications & regulations of your carers?
All of our carers are DBS checked and highly qualified and experienced. Total Living Care is also checked, registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (provider ID 1-1520389628) If you are still curious about our carers, feel free to call us on 01989 562000.
Who do your Live-in Carers work with?
Our live-in carers work for all different types of people that cannot stay in their own home without support. This includes the elderly, children, and people with disabilities or learning difficulties. Whatever the needs of our clients, our carers will always do their uppermost to fulfill their needs to ensure they can live in the way they would without care and can be happy in their own home. If you believe that you, a friendly or a family member requires care then please call us on 01989 562000.
How good is your carers knowledge on Dementia?
All of our carers have excellent knowledge about Dementia and are trained thoroughly on how to deal with and support people who suffer with Dementia. Each of our Dementia Care clients has their support needs acknowledged beforehand so that the care is as efficient and beneficial as possible. Each of our carers also has a great understanding of dementia symptoms and how to deal with them. With Dementia Care, the level and care and support can vary day by day, this is why it is important they are knowledgeable about Dementia so they can deal with different situations at different stages.
What is companionship care?
Companionship care is primarily aimed at our senior clients so that they can have emotional support and companion. It is common for elderly people to become lonely when their mobility is low and they may have a lot of friends or family members that have sadly passed away. Our carers help to keep our clients’ minds busy and to keep them company. Loneliness can make an impact very negatively on a person’s life and can lead to cognitive decline. This is why being accompanied is so important. Our Companionship Care services are all bespoke specifically for the client, so the care is as effective as possible.