Total Living Care For Monmouth
At this time in our lives when we require it most, Total Living Care offers help in your home, camaraderie and companionship and we supply honest, reliable and highly reputable Live-in Care in Monmouth.
All the references of all our Carers are checked out and all staff are DBS checked and registered. This process is audited by the Care Quality Commission. To find out more about all of the care services we offer please telephone our “Live-in Care Support Team” on 01989 562000 and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Live Life as You Choose
Live-in care enables you to live life as you choose. Through our conversations and getting to know each other better, we will match you with one of our Carers, who can provide care and attention specific to meet your needs. All within the comfort and ease of your own home.
Total Living Care has been providing the reassurance, peace of mind and comfort of respite, part-time and full-time live-in services for more than 20-years. Our success emanates from us complementing you with the best carer, somebody
that will customise the care to meet your needs, hobbies and interests and who understands your preferred routine.
Only the very best Carers are asked to join the Total Living Care family. Every Carer is expertly trained, warm and friendly and personable, and enthusiastic to deliver care in accordance with your preferences. Twenty-four hours a day, your live-in Carer will offer companionship and constant care and attention. This can be assisting you in getting dressed, bathing or maybe cook one of your favourite meals, any help you need in your day to day life your carer can help with.
At Total Living Care (TLC) we believe that living at home should be a choice for everyone.
We are a care agency providing home and live-in care services in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire and surrounding counties. With regular Domiciliary care or permanent home care through our Live-in care service, we provide a one-stop service to help keep our clients remain and live well in their best environment… at home.
What is Live-in Care for the Monmouth Community?
Live-in care for Monmouth is focused on a fully qualified carer living with you in your own home and supporting your normal day-to-day activities, as well as being on call at night time. It is really a positive and viable alternative to going into a residential care home in Monmouth and enables you to maintain your independence and continue to live in the comfort and familiar surroundings of your own home. It could be as simple as assisting you with or performing tasks around your home, aiding you with personal care and or supplying you with the reassurance and assistance to help you move about your home.
In able to meet your every need, our care workers can reside with you in your home offering you the reassurance of a trustworthy companion who is readily available to assist you throughout the day and night. We have care workers in Monmouth and the surrounding areas that can live-in on a permanent basis and others who work a rota system offering ad hoc live-in care services for Monmouth residents.
For those who have long-term medical conditions, live-in care is an ever more popular replacement for moving into a Monmouth residential care home.
If we had the choice, the majority of us would rather stay in our own home with a little or more hands-on support, however, if the need arises, we often wrongly assume that a care home is the only option when that assistance becomes a necessity. However, a live-in carer is trained to satisfy the changing requirements of their client so for many it allows them to continue to live in their own house, in their local community and amidst their good friends and family.
Our practical knowledge tells us that having independence and options is crucial to maintaining both happiness and health in the short and long term. Total Living Care provides Monmouth residents live-in care that keeps that independence and allows the choice to live in comfortable surroundings, permitting you to live your life the way you wish. Using the continuous assistance of a Monmouth live-in care worker, staying at home is the best substitute for a residential care home.
Who Could Total Living Care Help?
The services offered by Total Living Care as well as the support provided by every care worker is built around the requirements of each of our customers.
A “one size fits all” service does not provide you with the respite, part or full-time care that ensures the best live-in support. This is the reason we look to partner a carer according to their experience, credentials, training, interests and hobbies, along with their life experiences, character, hobbies to match the interests of the client.
Total Living Care team members can help people managing:
- Terminal Illnesses
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mobility Issues
- Parkinson’s Disease
- and many more
We can offer assistance with activities and personal care in a dignified way, allowing you to maintain an independent and active as possible life. Regardless of how old you are or your medical conditions, we can help and support you to obtain the very best quality of life within the familiar and comfortable surrounds of your home.
What Activities Will Live-in Carers Monmouth Undertake?
As previously mentioned, the service and support offered to each client differs and is based on their requirements. A care assessment, along with your viewpoint and choices, will ultimately decide the level of care and the day to day activities and support you require. Some of our clients ask our care workers to undertake responsibilities which can include:
- Preparing and Cooking Meals
- Running Errands (such as shopping for food, fetching a doctor’s prescription)
- House Cleaning and light household chores
- Social Activities and Trips Out (Hairdressers, Friends, Doctors)
- Administration of Household Bills
- Managing and Administration of Medication
- Helping Personal Hygiene and Bathing
- Caring for Pets
- Dressing and Undressing
- Moving Around the Home
Monmouth Live-In Care Options
Part-Time Live-In Care
Part-time live-in care is good for those who need a little support so that they can continue to live at home and is an alternative to moving into a residential care home.
Full-Time Live-In Care
Full-time live-in care can be necessary for people coping with health conditions, for example, dementia, where the familiar environment of home and continuity of their daily routine are reassuring and enhance the quality of their life.
Total Living Care provides 24-hour live-in care throughout Monmouth, all from the comfort of our clients’ own homes.
Advantages of Having a
Monmouth-based Live-in Care Worker
- Personalised and dedicated one-to-one care by a highly experienced and trained Care Worker, someone with a similar character and outlook on life
- It lets people enjoy their familiar surroundings, filled with their cherished possessions by remaining in their own home. A recent study (conducted by Consultas Care) stated that 97 % of individuals who replied would not want to move into a care home. While residential care can provide a beneficial service, most people prefer to stay in their own home if they can
- Reassurance for the client, their family, close friends and neighbours that experienced and fully trained hands are available to support whenever they need it
- Live-in care also decreases the feelings of being isolated as well as being lonely by offering companionship
- A live-in care worker can strongly encourage and support the continued activities of interests and hobbies
- It is well known that live-in care, living at home and the sense of ongoing independence has a positive effect on personal happiness, self-esteem, confidence and well-being
- A live-in care worker can help care for a pet that could otherwise have to be rehoused
- A live-in carer means that a family member does not need to become a full-time care worker. Family members can be assured their loved one gets the most beneficial care and attention whenever they need it
- If travel and leisure is still a possibility, then a full-time carer can accompany a client on a breakaway
- Live-in carers will be matched in accordance with their expertise and experience meaning they are specifically trained to manage and support Parkinson’s Disease, dementia, strokes, MS or those requiring palliative care
- For couples, a live-in care worker is capable of supporting both people and enables couples to remain together. If one care worker supports both people, this has a financial benefit in comparison with two sets of fees in a residential care home. This is particularly beneficial if one person has dementia or needs extra support that could mean living in separate residential care homes
Disadvantages of Having a
Monmouth-based Live-in Care Worker
- Unless of course, you are using an experienced company such as Total Living Care, selecting the right care worker, who is properly trained and is aware of what’s needed to deliver outstanding live-in care can be a challenge and you can very often be let down by an individual
- Many people enjoy the social life of being in a residential care home, the relief of not having to manage their own home or responsibility of controlling their affairs. Giving up some of their personal privacy, but taking pleasure in a chance to be continually in contact with others is what some people prefer
- Although a live-in carer fee can be lower than the expense of a residential home, it’s not cheap to have care workers readily available 24-hours a day, nonetheless, based on eligibility, personal budgets and direct payments it is possible for care to be state funded
- A live-in care worker will need a private room inside the home
- Not everyone is comfortable with having a stranger residing in their home or maybe they are used to living alone. Although, in our experience, the care worker soon becomes a companion as opposed to someone who works for them and the support and help soon outweighs the desire to live alone, or even the alternative of a residential home.
- Care workers require breaks and holidays and to spend time with their own families and it can be a problem to find short-term cover for these times. However, if you use a company that provides a totally managed solution such as Total Living Care this is not an issue.
How can you arrange 24-hour Live-in Care in Monmouth
Your personal preferences for your care worker are important to us. We consider the following with you:
- What experience or specialist training will they require?
- Is there a personal preference for female or male care worker?
- Do they need to drive?
- Do they need to like cats or dogs?
- What hobbies or likes and dislikes would make a great match?
Total Living Care will match your preferences to provide a professional and high-quality, caring service which is unique to meet your requirements.
We are a family-owned and run company and caring for others runs through our entire organisation from the office support staff, management team and of course, our care workers.
We always encourage you to spend some time with us on the telephone discussing if live-in care is right for you or your family member. If you wish to talk about your circumstances give our “Live-in Care Support Team” a call on 01989 562000. Total Living Care offers the best, most caring and professional Live-in Care Services in Monmouth.
Home Care FAQs
What are the qualifications & regulations of your carers?
All of our carers are DBS checked and highly qualified and experienced. Total Living Care is also checked, registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (provider ID 1-1520389628) If you are still curious about our carers, feel free to call us on 01989 562000.
Who do your Live-in Carers work with?
Our live-in carers work for all different types of people that cannot stay in their own home without support. This includes the elderly, children, and people with disabilities or learning difficulties. Whatever the needs of our clients, our carers will always do their uppermost to fulfill their needs to ensure they can live in the way they would without care and can be happy in their own home. If you believe that you, a friendly or a family member requires care then please call us on 01989 562000.
How good is your carers knowledge on Dementia?
All of our carers have excellent knowledge about Dementia and are trained thoroughly on how to deal with and support people who suffer with Dementia. Each of our Dementia Care clients has their support needs acknowledged beforehand so that the care is as efficient and beneficial as possible. Each of our carers also has a great understanding of dementia symptoms and how to deal with them. With Dementia Care, the level and care and support can vary day by day, this is why it is important they are knowledgeable about Dementia so they can deal with different situations at different stages.
What is companionship care?
Companionship care is primarily aimed at our senior clients so that they can have emotional support and companion. It is common for elderly people to become lonely when their mobility is low and they may have a lot of friends or family members that have sadly passed away. Our carers help to keep our clients’ minds busy and to keep them company. Loneliness can make an impact very negatively on a person’s life and can lead to cognitive decline. This is why being accompanied is so important. Our Companionship Care services are all bespoke specifically for the client, so the care is as effective as possible.