Total Living Care in Hereford
At a time in our lives when we require it most, Total Living Care offers help in your home, friendship and companionship and we supply the best and most professional Live-in Care Hereford. All the references, of all our Carers, are carefully checked and all staff are DBS checked and registered. This method is audited through the Care Quality Commission. To find out more please make sure to telephone our “Live-in Care Support Team” on 01989 562000.
Live-in care lets you or your loved one live life as you choose. Through our conversations and becoming acquainted with each other better, we will match you with one of our carers, who can provide care specific to suit your or your family members needs, all in the comfort of your family home.
Live Life as You Choose
Live-in care enables you to live life as you choose. Through our conversations and getting to know each other better, we will match you with one of our Carers, who can provide care and attention specific to meet your needs. All within the comfort and ease of your own home.
Total Living Care has been providing the reassurance, peace of mind and comfort of respite, part-time and full-time live-in services for more than 20-years. Our success emanates from us complementing you with the best carer, somebody
that will customise the care to meet your needs, hobbies and interests and who understands your preferred routine.
Only the very best Carers are asked to join the Total Living Care family. Every Carer is expertly trained, warm and friendly and personable, and enthusiastic to deliver care in accordance with your preferences. Twenty-four hours a day, your live-in Carer will offer companionship and constant care and attention. This can be assisting you in getting dressed, bathing or maybe cook one of your favourite meals, any help you need in your day to day life your carer can help with.
Who does TLC Living Care support in Hereford and the surrounding areas?
The services delivered by Total Living Care, along with the support provided by every care worker is built around the requirements of the client.
A “one-size-fits-all” service will not provide you with the respite, part-time or full-time care that ensures the perfect live-in support. For this reason, we look to partner a carer in accordance with their experience, qualifications, training, their interests and hobbies, along with the life experiences, character, hobbies and interests of the client.
Exactly what is Live-in Care Hereford?
Live-in Care Hereford will live with you in your home and supporting your regular day-to-day activities, and being on call at night are often the primary duties of our fully trained carers who provide Live-in Care Hereford region. It is an alternative solution to moving into a residential care home and lets you maintain independence so you can live in the comfort and familiar setting of your own home.
It can be as simple as assisting you or doing tasks in your home, aiding you with personal care or providing reassurance and assistance that may help you move about the house or go out and enjoy other activities.
In able to meet your every need, our care worker will reside in your home with you. The assurance of a trusted companion will be readily available and can help you day and night. We have care workers who will live-in on a long-term basis as well as others who work a rota system for short-term care needs.
If you have long-term health problems, live-in care is an ever more popular substitute for relocating to a residential care home.
If we had the choice, most of us would prefer, along with a little support to stay in our own home, yet, when the need arises we tend to assume that a care home is the only option when that help and support is needed.
A live-in carer will be trained to match the changing requirements of you as their client, so for most people, it makes it possible to carry on living in their own home, remain in the local community and among good friends.
Our experience tells us that having independence and choices are important to keep up both health and happiness.
Live-in care preserves the independence and gives the choice to live in familiar surroundings, enabling you to live your life the way you wish. Using the continual help and support of a live-in care worker and staying at home is the ideal substitute for a residential care home.
Total Living Care team members can help people coping with many health conditions, including:
- Terminal Illnesses
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mobility Issues
- Parkinson’s Disease
- and many more
We can offer help with day to day activities and personal care in a dignified manner, helping you to maintain an independent and active as is a practical way of living. Irrespective of your age or medical conditions, we can support you to have the very best quality of life, in the familiar and comfortable surrounds of your home.
Typically, what activities will our Live-in Carers do?
As mentioned before, the service and support provided to each and every client is different and based on their requirements. A care assessment, along with your opinion and choices will decide the level of care and the day to day activities you need to be accomplished. Clients request our care workers to undertake responsibilities which can include:
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Running errands (for example shopping for food, fetching a prescription)
- Cleaning and light household chores
- Social activities and trips out (Hairdressers, Friends, Doctors)
- Administration of household bills
- Management and administration of medication
- Sustaining personal hygiene and bathing
- Tending to dogs and cats
- Dressing and undressing
- Moving around the house
Who might our care services suit?
Part-time live-in care is great for those who need help to be able to continue to live at home, as opposed to entering into a residential care home. Full-time live-in care can be essential for people living with medical conditions, for example, dementia, where the comfortable environment of home and continuity of your daily routine are comforting and enhance the quality of their life
Our temporary Live-in Care options can offer
Respite live-in care offers full-time carers, often family the opportunity for downtime and to enjoy some breathing space, secure in the knowledge that their loved one or family member is in good hands and their needs and medical or social requirements are being met
Total Living Care provides 24-hour live-in care throughout Hereford, all from the comfort of our clients’ own homes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Live-in Care Hereford
The main advantages of having a live-in care worker:
- Personalised and dedicated one-to-one care by a highly trained and experienced care worker, with a very similar character and outlook on life
- The chance to enjoy their familiar surroundings, filled with their cherished possessions by staying in their own home. A recent study (executed by Consultas Care) documented that 97 % of individuals who responded would not want to move into a care home. While residential care can offer an important service, most people prefer to stay in their own home if they can
- Reassurance for the client, their close friends, neighbours and family members that experienced and fully trained hands are available to support. Live-in care reduces the feelings of being isolated and of being lonely by providing companionship. A live-in care worker can encourage and support the continued activities of interests and hobbies. Live-in care, living at home and a feeling of continued independence has a positive effect on personal happiness, dignity, confidence and well-being
- A live-in care worker can help take care of a pet which could otherwise need to be rehomed
- A live-in carer means that a family member doesn’t need to become a full-time carer. Family members can be assured their loved one is getting the ideal care and attention
- If travel and leisure are still possible, a full-time carer could accompany their client on holiday
- Live-in carers will be matched according to experience and expertise which means they are specially qualified to manage and support Parkinson’s Disease, dementia, strokes, MS and many more including palliative care
- For couples, a live-in care worker can support both and allows them to stay together. If one care worker can support both people, this has a financial benefit, compared to two sets of charges in a residential care home. It is particularly beneficial if one individual has dementia or requires extra support that would mean living in separate residential care home
The disadvantages of having a live-in care worker:
- Unless of course, you are using an experienced company such as Total Living Care, selecting the right care worker, who is properly trained and is aware of what’s needed to deliver outstanding live-in care can be a challenge and you can very often be let down by an individual
- Many people enjoy the social life of being in a residential care home, the relief of not having to manage their own home or responsibility of controlling their affairs. Giving up some of their personal privacy, but taking pleasure in a chance to be continually in contact with others is what some people prefer
- Although a live-in carer fee can be lower than the expense of a residential home, it’s not cheap to have care workers readily available 24-hours a day, nonetheless, based on eligibility, personal budgets and direct payments it is possible for care to be state funded
- A live-in care worker will need a private room inside the home
- Not everyone is comfortable with having a stranger residing in their home or maybe they are used to living alone. Although, in our experience, the care worker soon becomes a companion as opposed to someone who works for them and the support and help soon outweighs the desire to live alone, or even the alternative of a residential home.
- Care workers require breaks and holidays and to spend time with their own families and it can be a problem to find short-term cover for these times. However, if you use a company that provides a totally managed solution such as Total Living Care this is not an issue.
The best way to arrange 24-hour live-in care in Hereford
- Firstly, put some thoughts to your personal preferences for the care worker
- What experience or specialist training would they require?
- What is the personal preference for female or male care worker?
- Do they need to drive?
- Do they need to like cats or dogs?
- What hobbies or likes and dislikes will make a good match?
Total Living Care will match your preferences to provide a professional and high-quality service which is distinctive for you personally, social and medical needs.
Total Living Care is a family-owned and family run company and looking after our customers runs through our whole organisation, from our office support staff, management team and most importantly, our care workers.
We are happy to spend time on the telephone discussing if Live-in Care Hereford is right for you or your family member. If you want to talk about your needs you can call our “Live-in Care Support Team” on 01989 562000. Total Living Care believes we provide the very best quality live-in care in Hereford.
Home Care FAQs
What are the qualifications & regulations of your carers?
All of our carers are DBS checked and highly qualified and experienced. Total Living Care is also checked, registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (provider ID 1-1520389628) If you are still curious about our carers, feel free to call us on 01989 562000.
Who do your Live-in Carers work with?
Our live-in carers work for all different types of people that cannot stay in their own home without support. This includes the elderly, children, and people with disabilities or learning difficulties. Whatever the needs of our clients, our carers will always do their uppermost to fulfill their needs to ensure they can live in the way they would without care and can be happy in their own home. If you believe that you, a friendly or a family member requires care then please call us on 01989 562000.
How good is your carers knowledge on Dementia?
All of our carers have excellent knowledge about Dementia and are trained thoroughly on how to deal with and support people who suffer with Dementia. Each of our Dementia Care clients has their support needs acknowledged beforehand so that the care is as efficient and beneficial as possible. Each of our carers also has a great understanding of dementia symptoms and how to deal with them. With Dementia Care, the level and care and support can vary day by day, this is why it is important they are knowledgeable about Dementia so they can deal with different situations at different stages.
What is companionship care?
Companionship care is primarily aimed at our senior clients so that they can have emotional support and companion. It is common for elderly people to become lonely when their mobility is low and they may have a lot of friends or family members that have sadly passed away. Our carers help to keep our clients’ minds busy and to keep them company. Loneliness can make an impact very negatively on a person’s life and can lead to cognitive decline. This is why being accompanied is so important. Our Companionship Care services are all bespoke specifically for the client, so the care is as effective as possible.